All uniform for our school can be purchased from the 'Smarty Schoolwear' shop in Stevenage or Hatfield Town, and online at www.smartyschoolwear.co.uk )or non-logo items from alternative shops, but of the same colour). The link below will take you straight to their website where you can browse through the St Michael's items. Order directly on the website and your uniform will be delivered either straight to your home or to the school for you to pick up.
- Plain pale blue or white polo shirt with/without the school emblem
- Plain grey skirt, pinafore dress or grey tailored trousers
- Royal blue sweatshirt or button up cardigan with/without the school logo
- White or grey socks or tights
- Sensible black footwear
- St. Michael’s coat with fleece lining (optional)
- Royal blue (not navy) and whited checked dress or grey shorts/culottes
- Sun hat
- White or Navy t-shirt with/without the school logo
- Navy cotton PE shorts with/without the school logo
- P.E. School hooded sweatshirt, zip-up hooded sweatshirt or plain royal blue school sweatshirt (optional)
- Plain black plimsolls are required, preferably with fastenings which your child can manage independently; trainers for the older children (KS2)
- Tracksuits may be worn (navy or black) for outside games in colder weather
- Suitable footwear should be provided for those wishing to play football
PE kit should be worn to school on PE days (which can be found on the class pages).
We do not allow jewellery in school, apart from a small cross (which is removed for P.E.) as it can be a source of danger in P.E. and swimming.
- Pierced ears should have a plain, small stud only; earrings have to be removed during P.E. and swimming lessons
- Hair over shoulder length must be completely tied back in a ponytail or bunches with bands in the school colours (no large bows).
- Children should have sensible footwear for school. Fashion shoes and open toed sandals are a potential source of injury when children are playing outside, and we expect a plain black school style of shoe (no trainers or boots).
- Hair extensions, nail polish or dyed hair are not permitted.
Please label all clothes and shoes clearly with your child’s name.
Second hand uniform can be purchased through the School Friends.